All of a sudden you cannot access any websites through the internet. Then you try troubleshooting the network on windows and it shows that DNS server isn’t responding.
If you are dealing with this situation, then don’t worry it’s easy to fix this error. Just follow the guideline mentioned below.
Follow these 3 solutions in order and after each step check if the solution has worked for you.
Solution 1: Change your DNS server address
- Goto Control Panel and click on Network and Internet
2. Click Network and Sharing Center
3. Click Change Adapter Settings
4. Right-click on Wifi or Ethernet whichever you’re using. Then click Properties
5. Double Click on Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4)
6. Tick Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically. Then click OK
7. Do the same for Internet Protocol Version 6(TCP/IPv6).
Solution 2: Reset your IP and clear DNS Cache
- In the search box type cmd. Then right-click on Command Prompt to select Run as administrator.
- Enter the Commands sequentially
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- Now check whether the website is working or not.
Solution 3: Update your network adapter driver
- In the search box type device manager
- Open device manager and click on network adapters
- Update your network adapters, they might be outdated.
After following these 3 solutions if you still cannot access the websites, then restart your modem or router.
We hope that now you’re able to access your internet. Feel free to comment below if you’re facing any network problems.