Kodi is a simple though not exactly straightforward media player, more like a program for streaming media content. It is
Kodi supports almost any platform you want it on, even raspberry pi. Probably you won’t be running Kodi over a raspberry pi, but its good that it is also supported. So, let’s gear up Kodi on whatever device you want it on.
Know the limit
While kodi is legal to use and has nothing that could get you into troube. But the platform has encountered many piracy related issues.
Certain add-ons provide access to media that might have been uploaded illegally. Some may also uplift region blocking, or provide television services which require subscription fees to watch legally. Using these add-ons is illegal and may lead you in trouble.
I recommend you to use the official set of add-ons provided with the Kodi repository to keep to within the limits. Alternatively, you can also use a VPN to mask your connection. Much like Kodi, VPN is also legal until you don’t use them the other way.
Using any free VPN would do the job, but keep in mind that free VPN are not secure in protecting your data and can be of no use in some cases.
- After visiting the official site, select the ‘Download’ option from the menu on the top right side of the website.
- Scroll down and choose Windows option to download Kodi for Windows.
- You will see the option to download Kodi 18, the latest version of the media player. Choose
64-bitor 32-bit installer as per your system.
- After downloading the Kodi for Windows installer, run the file and install it, as like you would install any other application.
- Kodi setup wizard will guide you through the installation procedure. Follow the onscreen instructions and you are ready to enjoy Kodi on laptop or PC.
Kodi 18 is the latest version till now. It is jammed with many useful features to improve your video watching experience. After installing Kodi you need to install add-ons for streaming content. Repositores are like app stores for downloading different Kodi addons.
There are many Kodi addons that you can dowload, but choosing the best out of them is a tedius task. You can refer to the below mentioned link for selecting the right addon.
Did you like the Article? Feel free to comment and share the post. Do bookmark Kickgadget for more amazing content!