29 years back NASA/ESA space telescope Hubble made it to the space to help humans unlock the greatest mysteries of the space.
Hubble has been serving humanity for the past 30 years. The observational data sent by Hubble is helping us understand the space better.
On account of its 29th bday, Hubble premiered the images of Southern Crab Nebula.
Here are a few achievements of Hubble in the past year
- Hubble showed the seasonal dynamics in the atmospheres of Uranus and Neptune.
- Hubble captured brilliant pictures of Saturn and Mars during the opposition phase.
- Hubble spotted the first known interstellar object to visit our solar system, ‘Oumuamua’. This was captured by Hubble having an unexpected change in speed.
- Hubble was successful in detecting helium for the first time in an exoplanet’s atmosphere.
- By analyzing the data sent by Hubble, scientists found the first evidence for a possible moon outside our solar system.
- Observations sent by Hubble conclude that Young Red Dwarf stars have more intense flares than the older ones. This makes it tough to identify planets around these kinds of stars. Because planets forming near the stars could be endangered by the superflares.
- For the first time, Hubble premiered the ultra HD view of the Triangulum Galaxy. It is observed that star formation is 10 times more intense in Triangulum than the Andromeda galaxy.
- Hubble used light from orphaned stars to trace the distribution of dark matter.
- Hubble studied merging of black holes art the centers of colliding galaxies.
- Gaia and Hubble telescopes refined the Hubble constant, tracking the universe’s growth.