Realme India launched its realme Watch today along with other products such as realme Smart TV, realme Power Bank 2, realme Buds Air Neo. Despite being the first Smartwatch from realme it is feature-rich and quite promising. It hosts a 1.4 inch (3.5 cm) colour touchscreen, 4 different coloured strap options, and 12 built-in Watch Faces with 100+ more Watch Faces to be released with later updates. Its default watch face includes 6 critical data points such as time, date, weather, steps, heart rate, and calories.
According to Amlan Pati Digital Director of realme India, realme Watch will be “ Best, smartest and most stylish companion for you”.
The realme Watch features a 3.5cm(1.4”) TFT LCD colour Touch Screen with 2.5D Edge Gorilla Glass 3 protection. With a pixel density of 323 PPI, 320×320 pixels with 10 brightness levels with a peak brightness of 380nits which should contribute to great outdoor visibility. Corning Gorilla Glass 3 provides superior touch experience and higher resistance to scratches.
The main body of the watch is Black in colour and weights 31g and its dimensions are 36.5*11.8*256mm (Width*Height*Length).
The Wrist strap is removable with an adjustable length of 164-208mm and a width of 20mm. Black coloured wrist strap is the default with 3 different colour options ( green, blue and red ).
Realme Watch house a 160mAh battery with a theoretical working time of 7 to 9 days and standby time of 20 days on Power Saving Mode.
The watch can be paired using realme Link App, it features Bluetooth v5.0 and supports android devices with android version 5.0+.
It has an Industry-leading PPG Sensor ( Powered by Goodix), 3-axis Accelerometer, Heart Rate Sensor, Rotor Vibration Motor. The PPG Sensor has Power Consumption of 60uA, is compatible with 10 different skin colour levels, and has an accuracy of SNR 8000 (Source: Goodix lab data).
- It has a 24/7 Health Assistant which includes 3 major health functions. Real-time Heart Rate Monitor which offers 24h uninterrupted monitoring and heart rate alert, Blood Oxygen Level Monitor (Spo2) with an advanced optical sensor and Sports Mode with 14 different play styles.
- Besides intelligent activity tracker it also has many helpful functions such as Sleep Monitor, Idle Alert, Drinking Reminder, and Real-time Step Tracker.
- It can pair seamlessly via realme Link App and get Smart Notifications, Smart Unlock while approaching your device and Smart Music and Camera Control.
- It also provides the ability to Link multiple IoT devices through future updates.
- It also has IP68 Water and Dust resistance which makes it sweat and splash-proof. So no need to take it off while washing your hands
Price and Availability
The Realme Watch is priced at Rs. 3999 and Rs. 499 for the additional wrist strap each. The smartwatch will go on sale on Realme’s website and Flipkart starting at 12 pm (noon) on 5th June 2020. It will also be available via offline stores later on.
Overall Realme Watch provides excellent value at its price point. It is feature-rich and has good compatibility with other devices. It will surely turn out to be a great smartwatch.
Also, read some other interesting articles such as:
iPhone SE: Comeback Of The Small Screen Phone
OnePlus 8 Pro X-Ray Mode Controversy