Steam is a digital video game distribution platform developed by Valve Corporation where you can purchase and play video games. The gaming software was first released on 12 September 2003 for Valve to provide automatic game updates to its first-party games.
However, it grew out in features and offerings from third-party developers and publishers later on. You can now download steam skins too!
How to Download Skins for Steam
- Choose your favorite skin and download the skin files. The skin file will be in a Zip file format.
- Locate the destination path of the Steam installed folder. Then, find the Steam skins folder. You should be able to find it like this: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/skin/. Now, ‘Extract’ the compressed file to the skins folder.
- Return to the Steam client, click on the Steam menu (top left corner) and look for the Settings View the Settings and go to the Interface tab. Now click on the drop-down menu where it says above “Select the skin you wish Steam to use”. You will require to restart Steam.
- Select your newly installed skin and click OK to confirm. Restart your Steam client.
- Voila! There you have it! Now you can enjoy the new skin.
Best Steam Skins Download Sites
Bored of the same old grey them and looking for one of the best skins for Steam? These Steam Skins download sites will help you download customized or readymade fonts, UI and select custom color schemes!
The SteamCustomizer website lets you create and download your own steam skins. You can even explore skins created by other people.
At SteamSkins, you can download the best steam skins in 2019. The site will tell you whether the theme would work with the latest version of Steam. Also, you will be alerted if there are any minor bugs.
StSkins provides a great variety of themes for Steam. These themes consist of a variety of UI, color schemes, and fonts. They have more than 50 themes available.
At GameTweak, you can download the best Steam skins as of 2019. Choose from a variety of themes according to your choice and become a power user!
Did you find these Steam skin download sites helpful? Let us know in the comment box!
And if you did, spread the love to all gamer friends and family! Happy Gaming! 😊
Continue reading amazing hacks, reviews and other info at KickGadget!