WiFi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration message prevents the user from accessing the Internet. The problem can be caused by several issues, such as incorrect network settings, faulty network drivers.
To fix this error you have to manually change some settings on your windows 10.
There are three solutions you can use to fix this problem. Follow these solutions in order and your Internet will start working again.
Solution 1 – Reset TCP\IP
- Open Command Prompt as administrator. Just type cmd in the search box and right click on the command prompt, run as administrator.
2. Enter the following commands :
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
3. Close the Command prompt and restart your PC
If the previous commands didn’t work, then try these commands –
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
Solution 2 – Set your IP address manually
If your using a home network, the IP address will be automatically assigned. You can assign a static the IP to fix the error.
- Goto Control panel>Network and Internet >Network Connections. Right-click on Wi-Fi and select properties.
2. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click the Properties button
3. Enter the static IP that works for your configuration.
Enter the DNS server-
- Preferred DNS server – 22.214.171.124
- Alternate DNS server – 126.96.36.199
Solution 3 – Update the drivers
Open device manager. Type device manager in the search box and open it.
Search for Network adapters and update the Wi-Fi Adapter.
Hope your Internet is working after using these solutions. If not comment below the problem that you’re facing.